Monday, January 28, 2008

Glittered Cuttlebug


Ok, so things have been unbelievably hectic! (when is it not??) I'm sorry to keep you all waiting for my tutorial... I am just going to explain it. I know you all are smart enough to figure it out on your own. If you have trouble, just leave me a comment and I'll post the answers...

In order for this to work you need to use a cuttlebug embossing folder that has a design that is fairly close together... so basically the word ones won't work because there is too much negative space on the embossing... if that makes sense. The ones shown are the ones I have used so far and work great...

You need to have the Tsukineko glue pad.. I'm not sure if SU sells it or not. I bought mine at my local craft store. Fill your pad with the glue and then lightly brayer the glue over the top of the embossed areas of the paper. Don't press very hard because you will get glue in the negative spaces. Put your glitter over the top, shake off, turn upside down on scratch paper and press the glitter into the paper. You will probably have some extra glue marks, but if you work quickly you can wipe the glitter and glue off with your fingers. I hope this makes sense. If you have any other questions please leave me a comment.

I would have posted more pictures, but I'm so busy anymore that there is just no time! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Wow, I will have to try this one.

Alyssa Walters said...

Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to give this a try!
Alyssa (SBS10)

Rochelle W said...

I did't know someone made a glue pad. Now I think I need to have one of these.....Thanks a lot. LOL

Latisha said...

I bought a glue pad and never used it, I will have to try this, this weekend. You are awesome...this is such a cool idea.

stampingmommy said...

Ooooh! I want to try this. It looks like so much fun! Thanks for the idea!!
Heather (SBS 10)

windyredbird said...

I tried stamping with the glue pad for my christmas cards last year but after the glue dried all the glitter fell off.I even tried spraying it with a matte acrylic sealer and that didn't work either.