- A xyron machine, or sticker sheet(I personally have never used a sticker sheet so I'm not sure how it will turn out--The xyron is great!)
- Two colors of glitter
- White cardstock
- Your choice of fabric lace, or lace that will fit the sheet you are decorating. The nice thing about the lace is that it can be reused!
- Whatever else you need to decorate your card.
This is very easy to do:
- Make sure you are ready to get glitter all over you!
- I used 1/4 sheet of cardstock and ran it through the sticker maker cartridge in my xyron machine.
- Pull the plastic film off and pull the paper from the adhesive sheet.
- Lay the cardstock sticker side up.
- Place the lace over the top of the adhesive. Turn it over and press it down. And just to make sure, check the front and make sure your lace is sitting flat.
- Here is the important part: You have to use your darkest color first. So sprinkle your dark color over the top of the lace. You may have to sprinkle a few times to get good coverage.
- When you are done, flick the back and get most of the extra glitter off, and then press the paper face down to help the glitter stick.
- Peel the lace off of the cardstock.
- Then sprinkle your lighter color over the top. Dust off the extra glitter and press face down again.
- Give it a try!!!
Here is the card I came up with using this technique! It is so much prettier in person! Click on the card to see it up close...
Here's what I used:
- SU Whisper White CS, Bazill CS
- SU Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue inks
- SU Periwinkle Blue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter
- SU White Organdy ribbon, irridescent cording, pearls
- LI pearl brads
- Prismacolor pencils & gamsol
- Corner Rounder
- Bella stamps, SU Mini Mates