Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Aloha from Honolulu!!


I have had such limited access to the computer. We aren't getting any WiFi here where we are and the waves are few and far in between. So far we have done something every day. Our first day here we went to the US Arizona Memorial. Our second day was a trip out on Waianae Beach on a sail. We sailed out to a great little snorkeling spot and saw TONS of spinner dolphins. I got really sick on the boat--something I was not expecting. I ended up not snorkeling. Everyone else did. So I took pics from the boat. I happened to catch this picture of the dolphin in mid-air. The pod had about 40-60 dolphins in it and several of them swam within feet of the kids and husband! It was really fun, except for the motion sickness. Day 3: we went parasailing!! I didn't think I had the guts to go through with it, but I did!! We have a roll of film to develop that the crew took of all of us in the air. Definitely worth it!! Everyone had a blast!! Day 4: today--we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and enjoyed an unbelievable show!! The flame-throwing dances were the best!! Tomorrow we get to go on a 1 hour plane tour of the island. Can't wait for that!!

3 comments:

Rochelle W said...

WOW! Sounds like so much fun. Sorry to hear you got sick on the boat. I can't wait to see more pictures. Parasailing!! How cool is that!!!

Latisha said...

Its sounds like you are having an amazing trip!!

Whimsey said...

Oh what fun you are having - live it up!!

~Michele, SBS10