Saturday, February 9, 2008

Get Better



I finally put together this card! The little bear is so stinkin cute! I used the glittered cuttlebug technique on this one. I have needed alot of Get Well cards lately so I thought it was perfect.

The recipe:
  • Stampin Up W White, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue CS
  • Whipper Snapper BooBoo Bear
  • Prismacolor and gamsol
  • Lasting Impressions buttons-- Boardwalk Blue
  • May Arts striped ribbon, SU organdy, irridescent cord
  • Word Window Punch
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Glitter
  • SU retired Simple Sayings stamp set
  • Stickles

Here's a tip: In order to create a slit on the crease of the fold for the ribbon I used the Basic Gray Notch supplies. I have never actually purchased the BG Notch tool.. I use the refill blades (sold seperately to refill the tool) and use an eyelet mat and a hammer to cut the notch out. Saves a bunch of money!! I believe the Notch tool is about $25.. This refill set cost about $9-10. Quite a savings!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

What a sweet card. I was just looking for a great boy card today.
Take care!

Michelle said...

This card is so adorable - I love the colors & the glitter of course!

Kandi said...

This is soooo cute.
I love the colors, but also love
the glitter on the embossed background. I am doing to have to
give that a try.

Kandi

Rochelle W said...

Sarah,
You always have the cutest stamps. I love this bear. Also the glitter background is super cute on this one.

Latisha said...

your coloring is fabulous! what a cute card, I like the glittered embossing

Chris said...

this is so freakin' cute, love that bear!!!

Sharon Dale said...

Wow, this card is just gorgeous! Anything sparkly is the go these days and I love your little bear.....

Handcrafted by Melissa Dahan - InspirinU2Create said...

love this~ how did you get the glitter to be so neat? Please tell me you used a embossing pen - not the stamp??

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Adorable! I like the colors you chose for this card!