Saturday, February 9, 2008

Get Better



I finally put together this card! The little bear is so stinkin cute! I used the glittered cuttlebug technique on this one. I have needed alot of Get Well cards lately so I thought it was perfect.

The recipe:
  • Stampin Up W White, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue CS
  • Whipper Snapper BooBoo Bear
  • Prismacolor and gamsol
  • Lasting Impressions buttons-- Boardwalk Blue
  • May Arts striped ribbon, SU organdy, irridescent cord
  • Word Window Punch
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Glitter
  • SU retired Simple Sayings stamp set
  • Stickles

Here's a tip: In order to create a slit on the crease of the fold for the ribbon I used the Basic Gray Notch supplies. I have never actually purchased the BG Notch tool.. I use the refill blades (sold seperately to refill the tool) and use an eyelet mat and a hammer to cut the notch out. Saves a bunch of money!! I believe the Notch tool is about $25.. This refill set cost about $9-10. Quite a savings!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

What a sweet card. I was just looking for a great boy card today.
Take care!

Michelle said...

This card is so adorable - I love the colors & the glitter of course!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute.
I love the colors, but also love
the glitter on the embossed background. I am doing to have to
give that a try.

Kandi

Rochelle W said...

Sarah,
You always have the cutest stamps. I love this bear. Also the glitter background is super cute on this one.

Latisha said...

your coloring is fabulous! what a cute card, I like the glittered embossing

Chris said...

this is so freakin' cute, love that bear!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this card is just gorgeous! Anything sparkly is the go these days and I love your little bear.....

InkBella said...

love this~ how did you get the glitter to be so neat? Please tell me you used a embossing pen - not the stamp??

Renee said...

Adorable! I like the colors you chose for this card!