Saturday, November 21, 2009


I made this card a few days ago for a friend of mine. Making this card was kind of interesting! I found this argyle-type paper and thought it would be cute with the little french birdie.... At first I cut the brown paper out with my Nestabilities and added the image. I just didn't like it! It needed some sparkle! I looked everywhere--no brown glitter!! ACK! So I found my old copper embossing powder from Stampin Up... Well... I was trying to figure out how to apply it only to the edges to make a frame for the piece... Then I got the bright idea!!! I put the brown die cut into my Xyron machine and added the adhesive. I added the image to the top and then added the copper EP. After dumping the excess off and embossing over the adhesive, this is what it looked like! It was not at all what I anticipated but it turned out so cool!! It reminds me of a metal belt buckle. It just turned out different! And I think I like it!

No comments: