Monday, June 18, 2007

Blender Pen Refill Recipe and Technique

Just FYI....

This is the recipe I use for the blender pen refill:

1 part glycerin (can be found at walmart)
2 parts distilled water
1/4 tsp of rubbing alcohol


Or you can use this one:

2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons glycerin
5 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol

This can be really messy, so store it in an airtight container... Even those have a tendency to leak... I use one of the tiny tupperware cups. I have had my refill mix for a really long time--just that tiny little bit!

If you use the refill recipe with your ink refills, I personally like to just dip the tip of the aqua painter into the blender pen refill and mix it on a palate with a small amount of ink (instead of filling the painter with the blender refill fluid). I usually have scratch paper to the side to dab off the extra ink and to play around with the colors. I also have a small container of water to rinse the painter off.. Give it a try!!

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, great, thanks for sharing this.

Reality Show Reject said...

OK, I have a question. What is a blender pen and what is it used for? Is it used with the watercolor pencils or crayons to create a different look than using water or do you use it with chalk? Just curious. Love your blog and all of your cards are adorable!